Scanners are commonly used in conjunction with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to create electronic/digital versions of printed materials and books to be used with other assistive technologies.
If your campus does not have High-Speed Scanning or Book Chopping capabilities, please feel free to contact CATS to make arrangements for your book to be scanned.
- Fast scanning — up to 90 ppm/180 ipm in color or monochrome, landscape
- Ultrasonic double-feed detection with advanced control
- Loaded with “intelligent” functions for more efficient scanning
- Advanced image processing in hardware with color graphics adapter (CGA)
- Valuable bundled software tools and applications including Kofax® VRS 4.2 Professional
- Service options to fit specific requirements and budget including Next Business Day, 4-hour or 24/7 contracts available
Students with print impairments, learning disabilities and for audio output of printed materials.