About Kurzweil 3000
Kurzweil 3000 is a scanning, reading, writing and learning tool developed for individuals with learning disabilities as an integrated scan and read software. Kurzweil 3000 uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to scan material and convert it to digital text and “text to speech” to read digital text aloud.
This program is geared towards helping students who struggle with printed text to access curriculum material so that they can keep up with assigned reading, learn critical study skills, and successfully complete writing project and tests independently. It can increase overall reading comprehension, spelling skills and range of vocabulary. It has also been helpful in developing better writing skills.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Picture and Talking Dictionary
- Read text in Word, PDF, EPUB, RTF, Daisy, and on the Web
- 31 Natural Text-to-Speech voices in over 18 languages and dialects
- Create Brain Storm documents and Draft documents
- Magnify text
- Highlight, Spell check, and more.