In celebration of Disability Awareness Month, the CUNY Council on Students with Disability Issues (COSDI) invites you to submit proposals in the areas listed below for the 5th
Annual Accessibility Conference to be held on April 25th
, 2014 at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, in New York City.
This annual conference is intended to bring together CUNY professionals and other interested parties in the fields of higher education and disability services to share information, network, and receive theoretical and practical training in topics supporting access to higher education by students with disabilities.
Categories of Concurrent Presentations and Poster Sessions:
- Explore new trends within the field of disability services in higher education
- Create strategies for developing the skills necessary for effective accommodations, trainings, communication, and advocacy
- Examine innovative approaches that facilitate collaboration and mentorship
- Examine best practices that support and refine the role of disability service providers
- Encourage professionals to engage in self-reflection and develop a personal action plan for becoming transformational leaders in field of disabilities through self-education
- Assistive technology updates
- Online course accessibility @CUNY
- Disability services / faculty collaboration
- Leadership training for students with disabilities
- Implications of the DSM-5 changes
- Working with students on the spectrum—program models
- Teaching math and science to blind and low-vision college students
- Legal developments in the field of disability services
Submission deadline: Proposals for concurrent and poster sessions due by February 28, 2014.
Proposal guidelines and submission forms are available at:
Proposal Presentation Form