ADHD is a complex condition with wide-ranging symptoms that overlap and sometimes imitate hypoglycemia, anemia, diabetes, sleep apnea, and myriad other related conditions. Getting to the root of ADHD symptoms is job Number One, but right on its heels is the work of devising a balanced treatment plan that sets kids up for success throughout life.
In this webinar, clinical psychologist Vincent Monastra offers at-home strategies for teaching life skills, namely:
- Conversation skills: Teaching kids to communicate and connect with peers and adults
- Confidence: Helping kids master a sport, skill, or academic area that matters to peers
- Strength: Giving kids the ammunition to stop the teasing that often leads to meltdowns and low self-esteem
- Empathy: Developing kids’ natural kindness and appreciation
- Organization: Devising systems to keep kids organized and working efficiently